Friday, September 14, 2007

Willowglen 4x4 Comp

On the October long weekend the TLCC (Toyota Landcruiser 4x4 club) will be hosting its annual Willowglen 4x4 competition. The ‘Willowglen’ event is located SE of Tarago which some 40 minutes south of Goulburn, NSW.

Our club, the Well Sprung 4x4 Club will be entering a team in this years competition, so we look forward to seeing everyone there.

More info on the actual event can be found at TLCC Willowglen Comp

I just spent Sunday (30th Sept) down at the TLCC Willowglen property and apart from the gale force winds which made eating dust inevitable, it was a top day. I took master Ethan to his first 4WD event and he seemed to love it. He continually told Dad about this Brrrm and that brrrrm.... You've got to love em'.

This was the first time I've attended the event where I've had to view it as a spectactor. In the past I've been fortunate to be a competitor, maybe next year I can reverse that role.

The driving stages that I seen looked very challenging with tight twisting tracks and demanding climbs. The improved scoring seem fairer for all. Finally congratulations to B1 & B2 who took out 1st place and to the guys from my club, well done.
Edited 8.00pm 1/10/07

No comments: