Thursday, August 8, 2019

45 Years Service

The SES has been very kind to Leonie and I. Not only did we meet and marry through our involvement with SES, we've had some amazing adventures, met some great people who've turned into lifelong friends and now we've collectively accumulated 45 years National Service between to the 2 of us.


I started my SES career back 1993 in the Blue Mountains before moving to the Illawarra in 1996, while Leonie started her SES career in 1995 at the Wollongong City Unit. We've both shared in the high's and lows of being part of an Emergency Service, whether it be helping a resident who's lost their roof due to severe windstorm or flooding has caused a family to be displaced from their home, its all part of giving back to the community and pride of knowing that I did my bit to help someone who at the time was worse off than me.


In early August we were both recognised at SES awards function for our years of service, with Leonie receiving her 20 years Long Service award while I received my 25 years National clasp. After so many years we still love it and hope to be supporting the community for many years to come. Maybe one day our kids might follow in our footsteps.

No comments: