Monday, September 2, 2013

Father's Day

I’m very fortunate to have a loving family but I often spend Father’s Day on the road taking my daughter home after a weekend visit. That’s the life and I’m accepting of that, but this year I wanted something different.

We decided instead of the kids buying me Father’s Day gifts etc that we’d spend that money on a weekend camping out at Bathurst. We headed out Saturday morning stopping at various caches and events along the way. Arriving in town by mid-afternoon we found our accommodation and settled in, the kids played on the jumping castle I found a few local caches.

Saturday night we headed out on the town where we attended a local geocaching event. We enjoyed a nice dinner and good company before heading back to our van for a few relaxing drinks.

Sunday (Father’s Day) was a most enjoyable day. It started with a scrumptious breakfast, followed by a visit to Mount Panorama where we had a nice picnic lunch, a few laps of the circuit and a couple of caches before it was time to head for home. Dropping A.j off at Lithgow and not having spent the majority of the day in the car was so much more relaxing.


Thank you to loving family for much nicer way to spend Father’s Day.  

No comments: